Welcome!

Thanks for visiting! I have included information on drilling seaglass, ideas and designs on seaglass jewelry, my collection and beachcombing trips, and much much more! Take your time and enjoying browsing!

Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

The story behind my seaglass calendar photos

Reaching home tired from a full day's work, I am instantly cheered up when I saw what the postman left for me - a big parcel from Down East publishers! In the summer of 2011, I took photos of my seaglass collection for their 2013 seaglass calendar. These are my complimentary copies! As I look at the photos of each month, and savored every word of the informative captions by Carole Lambert, memories rushed back. How I worked hard to make these photos unique and interesting! In the coming monthly blog posts, I will tell the story behind the photo for that month.

JANUARY 2013
English seaglass multies - these ones in whirls and layers of peacock shades - their rich colors and patterns are best appreciated when wet and under bright sunlight. I have experimented with glass vessels of different shapes until I found this shallow dish. Deep enough to immerse all the glass and just the right size without getting in the way of the peacock feathers behind it. It was a very sunny day. The seaglass casted colorful shadows, and the water made interesting patterns at the edge of the dish. The peacock feathers exerting their brilliant colors. A dynamic pose of still life!




 

4 comments:

Ariadne said...

What a lovely photo!You should blog more often though as I have missed you!AriadnefromGreece!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...


Sea glass are jewels themselves. Sanded and formed by sea water for many years, they are ones broken pieces from bottles.

Interior Glass Doors

Unknown said...

Glasses jewelry is also very popular to us because it looks very nice.

Watch Faces